Fullarton Road & Cross Road Intersection Upgrade
Published: 21 June, 2021
Funding has been approved for the upgrade of the Cross Road and Fullarton Road intersection.
$30.5 million has been committed through the Commonwealth Urban Congestion Fund to joint fund the upgrade. This upgrade will help bust congestion to improve travel times through the intersection.
The proposed upgrade includes:
- widening of Cross Road, with the installation of dedicated right turn lane into Fullarton Road on both approaches, three through lanes on both approaches, a dedicated left turn slip lane onto Fullarton Road (northbound) and dual left turn lanes onto Fullarton Road (southbound);
- widening of Fullarton Road, with the installation of dedicated right turn lanes into Cross Road on both approaches, three through lanes on both approaches, a dedicated left turn slip lane onto Cross Road (westbound) and a shared though and left turn lane onto Cross Road (eastbound);
- indenting of Urrbrae Agricultural High School Bus stops on the south side of Cross Road (west) and bus stop 12 on the west side of Fullarton Road (north), and relocation of bus stops 165 located on the north and south sides of Cross Road;
- upgraded pedestrian crossings within the intersection, including ramps, dedicated on-road bicycle lanes on all approach exit lanes to/from the intersection;
- a seagull median treatment on Fullarton Road for access to Urrbrae Agricultural High School;
- pavement construction and surfacing;
- new and upgraded traffic signals;
- LED road lighting for the extent of the works; and
- new line marking and drainage.
Major construction works are scheduled to commence in late 2021, with project completion expected in late 2022
Click here to find out more.